Saturday, July 16, 2016

Progress

On Your Feet Friday
It's been 35 days since my stroke and it's been a month full of progress.  I was released from the hospital on June 19th and since then I have been taking it step by step.  I still haven't started physical therapy (I will start on the 19th) which has been frustrating, but I've been continuing with the exercises I was working on while in in-patient rehab.  I am up to walking for 30 minutes, 2 miles, while pushing Chloe in the stroller.  We participated in On Your Feet Friday a week ago and walked to every check point in 40 minutes.  We also got to test out the new Mizuno Inspire shoes (my favorite running shoe) It was a fun event with an amazing turn out.  This was the first time we participated in this, and was happy we did.  

Chloe likes to join me in my yoga practice
I've also been doing some gentle yoga for about 20-30 minutes a couple days a week.  I was cleared to drive again this week and be on my own at home...I have my independence back!!  I truly appreciated the help from my mom and mother-in-law for the last 4 weeks...helping with Chloe when I needed to rest, driving to appointments, and so much more.

Chris has been getting back to running since my stroke.  I would let him update you, but he'd rather I write it :) .  He is still planning on running the Silver Falls 50k in November.  He's definitely bummed I can't participate in the race; he says he needs me to keep him at the slower pace for the 31 miles :)  I am also bummed I can't run, but I will definitely be part of the event.  I am looking into volunteering for the race, and hey maybe I'll even be able to run the 7 miler by then!! (I'm being optimistic).  He's been running from our house to Wallace Marine Park to some trails around there, so this way he can get in some hills by our house and practice off road.  While he is running I am walking with Chloe for my 2 mile walk and playing with her at the playground.  Chris has been loving his new Endurance Pack from Orange Mud.  Josh from Orange Mud has been awesome with providing us with quality gear.  He even sent Chris a new pack when there was a defect in the one I initially bought.  We seriously love Orange Mud and the owner.  If you haven't checked them out, please do.  Such an honest company who's heart is in word community.
Chris found a berry field

Trails in West Salem















I cannot express my gratitude enough to everyone for their unconditional support this past month.  The kindness I have received from family, friends and strangers has been overwhelming.  I hope everyone knows how much we appreciate the support and know that we will continue to pay it forward.

Smile!

1 comment: