Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dragon Family Fun Run

The crew
What a beautiful crisp morning for a run.  It was perfect running weather, 50's, dry and cloudy.  Maybe a little cool for some, but for us it was perfect.  I had decided I was going to run with Chloe for the race as a way to ease myself back into running after falling on my tailbone 2 weeks ago...nice and easy pace.  I did a nice gentle yoga routine this morning while Chris ran 3 miles before we headed to the race.  Chris ran with our friend Betsy at the start and I started a bit further back since I had the jogging stroller.  We ran along the creek trail by the aquatic center then back through the neighborhood, then onto Whitworth and then finish at the Dallas High School track.  

Finishing strong
For the most part it was smooth and flat the whole way, except for a short gravel path at mile 1 and the last quarter mile or so was in a grassy field.  Those parts forced me to walk/jog slowly with the jogging stroller so I didn't jolt Chloe around too much.  I finished in 26:26 (on my watch) averaging an 8:31 pace.  I feel pretty good about that considering I haven't really ran in 2 weeks and was pushing Chloe.  I felt great the whole time and my back didn't hurt me at all.  YAY!!!  So I think I'm ready to train consistently again, obviously with caution and listening to my body. 
Chris finished strong with a time of 21:44 7:04 pace.  Chris felt great throughout...to be specific SPECTACULAR as he says.  Both of our mothers also participated and walked the 5k route and finished under an hour.  We enjoyed having them out there with us.  It was a great morning with a great turn out to help support the Dallas Education Association.  I just loved seeing many of my students out there volunteering and many families getting together for this fun fitness activity that any family can do together.  

 
Chloe met Dexter




No comments:

Post a Comment